Digitalisation in operation and management will be big at the next Nordbygg”
Coming up to Nordbygg 2018, we are interviewing some actors in the business regarding their expectations of the fair. Anders Carlsson at the housing company Signalisten visits Nordbygg to keep himself updated on the latest within digitalisation and sustainability.
– I always come to Nordbygg, have probably been a dozen times over the years, says Anders Carlsson, Energy and environmental controller at the public housing company Signalisten in Solna.
– At Nordbygg, I can find new products and see them in reality and meet the people behind them. We have found several important suppliers at Nordbygg through the years, says Anders.
Energy and climate
Property automation and other energy services have always been special to me.
– Signalisten is the City of Solna’s municipal housing company. Our owners expect us to keep an eye on what is going on, to get the knowledge on new technology and, when it is right, implement it in our residential areas.
– We always want to keep the energy consumption low, but at the same time keep the same living comfort, or even provide a better one, for our customers. That type of solution is always interesting. We will never be so energy efficient that we sacrifice the indoor climate, says Anders.
Anders explains that Signalisten wants to promote the development of climate-neutral energy. Products and services in the way of fossil-free energy have become increasingly in demand at Nordbygg year by year.
– Solar energy is very interesting, now that the price has decreased and efficiency increased. We want to take a closer look at that for our properties.
Environmentally friendly materials
– About 50 per cent of our stock is to be renovated within the next 10 years. And it is supposed to be renovation with sustainable solutions. In our ROT project, we choose to set high standards for ourselves in regards to environmental classification of materials, energy use, etc.
The same goes for new constructions. There, all materials shall be classified according to a known system and the new buildings will achieve Miljöbyggnad SIlver.
Digitalisation in management
Anders will be looking at digitalisation within management and operations at Nordbygg 2018. He expects that there will be many exhibitors with that focus.
– An awful lot is going on which will have an impact on us. Just look at the digitalisation of lease contracts. The technology is there, but how do we get the most of it? I will watch, listen and capture what is there. Of course, we can save money on not having to do the paperwork, but it is important to sound the terrain and bet on the right horse.
To meet and acquire knowledge
An important part of going to the fair is to meet people from the industry, for example other clients and learn from their experience. Industry seminars are also important for knowledge acquisition.
– Boverket is a favourite, it is always interesting to hear what they are saying. A very positive thing with Nordbygg is the availability of interesting industry profiles, to be able to discuss underlying thoughts for new directives and laws, for instance.
– Nordbygg is important for my profession, quite simply, if you are going to go to any fair, it should be Nordbygg, Anders concludes.