Nordbygg’s organizing group planning a jam-packed programme – focus on sustainability
The longing to meet people from the industry again is huge, and at Nordbygg in April we will finally have the opportunity. All visitors and exhibitors to the fair can expect a jam-packed stage programme that the fair has developed in close collaboration with the organizing group.
Nordbygg’s organizing group is responsible for the content at Nordbygg being as topical and relevant as possible for both exhibitors and visitors. The organizing group consists of Byggmaterialindustrierna (Construction material industries), Energi- och miljötekniska föreningen (The Association for energy and environmental technology), Glasbranschföreningen (The Glass industry association), Svensk Byggtjänst (Swedish construction service), Svensk Ventilation (Swedish ventilation) and VVS Fabrikanterna (HVAC producers).
Melinda Lemke, Project Manager Glass & Metal for the Glass Industry Association, is one of them.
– We can tell that there is a great longing in the glass industry to be able to meet up in real life again. There is also a need to update regarding news and knowledge. A lot has happened since the last time and the construction industry is currently going through a huge change. Today, it is a given to speak of the producers’ climate footprints and the possibility of reuse and recycling.
To meet in real life is highly valued among Nordbygg’s visitors after years of cancelled fairs. At Nordbygg 2022, there will be exciting meetings and several stages with interesting and topical programmes.
– Expectations are high among our members, and they are really looking forward to finally meeting up with fitters, HVAC consultants and property owners ‘for real’ What still engages them are energy-optimized solutions but also the 9interest in air quality, which has increased with the pandemic. Secure and energy-efficient ventilation also engages many of our members, says Britta Permats, CEO at Svensk Ventilation.
There is great focus on sustainability and climate-related issues in the industry, which among other things will be discussed at the Indoor Climate Arena and the Energy Smart stage at the fair.
– I think that Nordbygg will be a great meeting-place where actors can see interesting lectures and also showcase their products and solutions for accomplishing a sustainable conversion. Our member companies play an important role in this conversion and Nordbygg is a great arena to show what we can contribute. I also believe that the Energy Smart stage will attract many visitors, where many of our members will talk about their innovations, says Jonny Hellman, CEO at VVS-Fabrikanterna, part of the Nordbygg organizing group.
Conditions for sustainability
Svensk Byggtjänst offers two themes in their lectures at Nordbygg Talks: sustainability and procurement.
– We recently launched the digital tool AMA Funktion, which facilitates for anyone who procures turn-key contracts. It makes it easier for those who want to put conditions on for example innovation, climate impact or social factors in their procurement. Sustainability and requirements thereon will only become more important for the construction industry moving forward, and therefore also for Svensk Byggtjänst, says Kajsa Hessel, CEO at Svensk Byggtjänst.
At the fair, the Great Indoor Climate award will be awarded. An award which is given a company or an organisation within indoor climate, energy and HVAC, which has developed a meaningful product, service or method with good opportunities of being of practical use.
– EMTF is behind the Great Indoor Climate Award, along with three other organisations. Air conditioning in different ways is very important, so who receives the award will be of great interest to the industry. We also have a segment in our stand through our technology magazine Energi & Miljö (Energy & Environment), which we call Café VVS (Café HVAC), where we will be interviewing industry representatives. We’ve also recently changed the association’s logotype, so we will be presenting that in our stand and in other ways, finishes Jaana Petherbielke, CEO at Energi-och Miljötekniska Föreningen/EMTF Förlag AB.