Keeping full track on innovations in construction
Nordic ConTech Talks in Stockholm on January 21 booted an exciting Spring in innovation and digitalization.
– Many already use Nordbygg for launching their news, we often hear about exhibitors who steer their R&D towards Nordbygg to have their news ready for the constructions sector’s largest meeting place.
–Follow up with the Innovation Arena in April to keep full track of all the news. The construction sector is gearing up! says Peter Söderberg, Project Manager at Nordbygg.
– So, of course, this is the place for those who, in a time efficient way, would like to get an overview of what is happening in the industry, says Peter Söderberg, Project Manager at Nordbygg.
At Nordbygg 2018, Svensk Byggtjänst launched Nordic ConTech with Nordbygg as a partner.
The purpose of the project is to become the platform for innovative development for the construction and housing sector and to gather all the actors of the industry around new solutions and investments.
– The exciting thing about the Nordic ConTech programme is that they invite inspiration from other industries. We see cross-fertilization which inspires and gives new energy, Peter says.
A new Innovation Arena
– The huge interest from the last Nordbygg made us want to make an even larger investment this year. We are launching the Innovation Arena, a whole section where Nordic ConTech will be and a special area for start-ups with new innovative solutions for our industry.
Moreover, Nordbygg will, as before, award the Nordbygg Gold Medal for the hottest product news, another good way of pushing innovation. Byggmaterialindustrierna (the organisation for producers of construction materials) offers an Innovation breakfast, and many other open seminars bring knowledge and inspiration for those who want to be updated.
– I particularly would like to highlight the news within energy efficiency, which will be presented on the Energy Smart stage, says Peter Söderberg.
A lot is happening within control and regulation technology. Among other things, we will find out how AI can be used to optimize the operation of your property.
January 21 you could listen to Nordic ConTech talks in Stockholm. There, Full Stack Modular from New York and many more spoke about industrial and modular construction, and a renowned panel discussed how and when the construction sector will take the next step to be even more efficient with the help of new technology. Several start-ups was there to present their cases.